- Cooking Time: 1
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- Shortbread Crust:
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 40 oz. cream cheese (5 eight oz. blocks), softened
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 T. all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream or heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 10 inch springform pan with non-stick spray.
- To make crust: Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl. Mix well, using your hands if necessary to get the ingredients well mixed. Spread to the edge of the pan. Prick all over with a fork, then bake 15 minutes at 400. Allow to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 475.
- To make filling: In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients using a hand mixer ONLY to get the ingredients mixed thoroughly together. Do not over-mix, or your cheesecake will be tough. Mix only enough to blend all ingredients together.
- Pour filling over the crust and bake for 10 minutes at 475. Reduce temperature to 200 and continue to bake for one hour. Turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for one more hour to cool. Don't worry if it looks underdone in the center.
- Chill overnight. Top with whipped cream, fruit or serve plain (this cheesecake is definitely good enough to serve plain).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More