- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1 refrigerator pie crust
- 1 lb. slices cooked bacon (fried tender)
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ small white onion, chopped (if desired)
- Bring pie crust to room temperature for easier use. Lightly fry bacon and rough cut into pieces. Whisk eggs. Add milk to eggs.
- Place the room temperature pie crust onto a 9 inch pie plate. Add bacon to the whisked eggs. Pour mixture into the pie dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350* until set or cooked through.
- If the pie is getting too brown, cover with foil and continue baking.
NotesThe recipe came from New Zealand where it is served any time. Nice with a salad for lunch or tea.
In New Zealand they often put the eggs in whole without adding milk and often add a top crust to the pie.
My Kiwi Mother-in-Law made it with whole eggs but my husband preferred the eggs whisked.
This was my husband's favorite meal. I am often asked to bring it to pot-lucks.
Submitted by: "Maria-Liisa Lithgow"