- Cooking Time: 5 - 7 mins
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 mins plus cooling
- 1 1/2 cups Newtons Fruit Thins Chocolate Raspberry (about 15 cookies)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Handful of fresh raspberries to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375'F
- Spray mini tart pans with cooking spray
- In a food processor, process the cookies until you have fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the cookie crumb mixture into each tart pan. Press mixture to the bottom and up the sides so the crust is as even as possible.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 5 - 7 minutes. Allow to cool in the fridge for about an hour.
- Once the crusts have cooled, in a medium sized bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until soft and fluffy. Do not over beat....we're dealing with whipping cream here and we do not want butter now, do we?
- Spoon filling into mini tarts, dividing it up as evenly as you can between them. Garnish with fresh raspberries. Allow to chill for about an hour so the filling sets and the flavors settle.
NotesThis is a very simple, easy dessert. Minimal effort required.....great results! I made the crust the Newtons new Fruit Thins cookies. You can use what ever cookie you choose. The filling is decadent and reminisce of a smooth, homemade whipped cream...only creamier and not as sweet.
By the way...don't worry if you don't have mini tart pans. Just make it a full sized tart. Or in a pie plate. Its all about the flavor. Be creative with the presentation.
Decadent Desserts Made From
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More