NIC-NACK'S CRANBERRY OATMEAL COOKIES
Nic-Nack's Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tbls. honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugars, eggs, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in oats, cranberries, and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with Reynold's parchment paper.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake.
* For a heartier cookie, try whole wheat flour!