- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter cut up
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 T light corn syrup
- 2 T water
- 1 cup chopped pistachios plus another 1/4 C finely chopped for topping
- 12 oz milk or dark chocolate (I used bitter sweet chocolate chips)
- Toast your nuts in a 325 degree oven on parchment paper until they are toasty brown – careful not to let them burn. Start with 10 minutes.
- Line a 15 x 10 pan with that new nonstick foil or regular foil coated with non stick spray
- Heat butter sugar, corn syrup and 2 T water.
- Increase heat to medium and melt butter - insert candy thermometer.
- Cook about 12 minutes until golden brown and temperature is 300 - Don’t stir.
- Remove from heat, remove thermometer and quickly stir in nuts. (carefully!)
- Pour toffee into prepared pan and quickly spread all the way to the edges. (Coat your spatula with non-stick)
- Let stand on a wire rack for 30 minutes
- Melt 1/2 of chocolate in microwave for 45 sec and stir smooth. (Don’t overcook - just stir and stir and stir till it is smooth)
- Spread over top and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Flip over and repeat with the rest of the chocolate but sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 of nuts (work quickly so the nuts stick to the melted chocolate - it cools off quick because of the refrigeration.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Break bar into pieces store in airtight container at room temperature.
- I packaged mine into clear cellophane bags and used scrapbook paper in a cute holiday theme cut to size and stapled it to the top with a tag!
NotesThis recipe got me through a really hard time when I wanted to give something for all my wonderful friends who have been there for me - So I modified a recipe I found in a magazine and cleaned out the pantry and found pistachios.... the toffee was a HUGE success and I'll be making more in the years to come!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More