- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250g strong white flour
- A pinch of salt
- 250g cold unsalted butter, cut into 5mm slices
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 5-6 tablespoons iced water
- Pulse the flour and salt together in the processor, then add the butter and pulse 3-4 times, the butter should be cut up but still be in visible chunks.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and the iced water, and pulse till the pastry begins to form a ball, then tip out onto the bench and form a ball. Wrap tightly in cling wrap and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Dust the benchtop with flour, then roll the pastry into a long rectangle into a long rectangle three times longer than it is wide, then fold it in three like a business letter. Roll out again to the same length and repeat the fold and roll another 2 times (not rolling out after the last fold).
- Wrap in cling wrap and rest in the fridge for another 30 minutes before using it to allow the gluten to relax.
- When baking, brush with a lightly beaten egg white and bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees C till puffed and golden brown.
NotesThis recipe is from Nigella Lawson's "How to be a domestic goddess". Read more about it on my food blog - Kitchen Wenchhttp://www.insanitytheory.net/kitchenwench/2007/06/18/fairly-flaky-surely-sweet-these-treats-are-good-to-eat/
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
50 Shades of Taste
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More