- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (10oz) loaf French bread or Italian bread
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp buttter or margarine cut in small pieces
- pinch of cinnamon
- Use extra butter to grease a 13X92 baking pan.
- Cut bread into 1 inch thick slices and arrange in one layer in bottom of pan. (I buy sliced bread)
- In a large bowl beat eggs and remaining ingredents except butter. When thoroughly mixed pour over bread in pan.
- Cover with foil and refridgerate 4 to 36 hours. To bake, uncover, dot bread with 2 tablespoons butter and put pan in he oven.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until bread is puffy and lightly browned. Remover from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- I serve with maple syrup but the recipe also suggests honey, yogurt or sour cream and fresh fruit. Left overs can be frozen or reheated.
- Serves 8-9 slices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More