- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (10oz) loaf French bread or Italian bread
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp buttter or margarine cut in small pieces
- pinch of cinnamon
- Use extra butter to grease a 13X92 baking pan.
- Cut bread into 1 inch thick slices and arrange in one layer in bottom of pan. (I buy sliced bread)
- In a large bowl beat eggs and remaining ingredents except butter. When thoroughly mixed pour over bread in pan.
- Cover with foil and refridgerate 4 to 36 hours. To bake, uncover, dot bread with 2 tablespoons butter and put pan in he oven.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until bread is puffy and lightly browned. Remover from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- I serve with maple syrup but the recipe also suggests honey, yogurt or sour cream and fresh fruit. Left overs can be frozen or reheated.
- Serves 8-9 slices.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More