- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 50-60g/1,7-2,1 oz. feta, crumbled
- 1-1½ tablespoons ricotta
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme or mint
- 1-1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1½ teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, mix the feta, ricotta, thyme, lemon juice and olive oil with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- On a chopping board, put one chicken breast between 2 sheets of Clingfilm, and flatten it with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. You want your chicken breast to be even in thickness all over so the cooking will be more uniform.
- Remove the top sheet of Clingfilm and spread half the cheese mix on top.
- Cover with a few baby spinach leaves and roll as tightly as possible, using the bottom piece of film if needed. Secure with toothpicks or tie it with string.
- Repeat with the second breast.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. When sizzling hot, add your chicken. Cook, turning often, until golden on all sides.
- Remove the chicken and deglaze your pan with the liquid of your choice (I chose lemon juice), scraping all the bits.
- Serve immediately.
Gluten-Free and Delicious
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More