- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 oz. graham crackers, crushed
- 1 c. chopped candied cherries
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. chopped candied pineapple
- 3/4 c. Milk
- 4 c. pecans, chopped
- 16 oz. marshmallows
- orange or pineapple juice
- Line 2 loaf pans with greased, waxed paper. Crush the graham crackers very fine with a rolling pin. Put milk and marshmallows in a sauce pan and place over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Combine graham cracker crumbs, fruits, nuts and raisins in a large bowl. Pour marshmallow mixture over graham cracker crumb mixture and mix well. Pack into prepared pans firmly and cover tops with waxed paper. Wrap in foil and store in refrigerator for 1 month. Sprinkle with juice twice a week. Will keep in refrigerator for months or may be frozen.
NotesI'm not a "fruit cake" kinda gal so I'm not a very good judge of this recipe but I can tell you that I get many requests for this cake every Christmas. It is great for making ahead and keeping in the fridge until Christmas...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
The Social CookbookSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More