- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano, or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1½ pounds unpeeled new red potatoes, preferably new potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 cherry tomato, cut into ¼
- ½ cup coarsely chopped green onions, including green tops
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped celery
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped celery leaves
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, sugar, pepper and salt in a small bowl, making certain the sugar is dissolved. Adjust the seasonings to taste. set aside to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until just tender, about 15 to 18 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water, then drain again. Let cool to the touch.
- Cut the potatoes into halves; transfer them to a medium bowl. Add the tomato, green onions, and celery & leaves; toss gently. Whisk the dressing; add it to the salad and toss again. Use a slotted spoon to strain the salad for serving.
- This salad will keep for up to 2 days in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature for serving.
NotesUnlike typical American potato salad, this one contains no mayonnaise, making it safer for serving at outdoor events during the heat of summer. To add color to the plate, serve a mound of the salad atop a thin tomato slice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More