- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tsp vinegar (cider or white)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix.
- Combine water and vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead for two or three minutes (no need to overdo it).
- Shape into a round (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches high), then place on pan.
- Dip a sharp knife into flour and cut an 'X' into the top of the loaf.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove, and while hot, glaze with 1 tbsp melted or softened butter
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More