- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tsp vinegar (cider or white)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix.
- Combine water and vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead for two or three minutes (no need to overdo it).
- Shape into a round (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches high), then place on pan.
- Dip a sharp knife into flour and cut an 'X' into the top of the loaf.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove, and while hot, glaze with 1 tbsp melted or softened butter
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
My Family Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More