No Bake Chocolate Cookies with Coconut Oil
Why I Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for something new and easy to add to your everyday dessert repertoire or something different to include in a holiday cookie platter, look no further than our chocolate cookies with coconut oil. It takes only about 15 minutes to make a batch, but they taste as luscious and chocolatey as and traditionally baked cookie.
A great no-bake cookie recipe is always good to have in your collection. They are perfect for making with kids as there are no hot cookie sheets to worry about. Plus, they take very little time from start to finish which makes impatient kids (or grownups) happy. No-bake cookies are also a favorite for weeknights when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth but don’t want to pull out all the baking gear or deal with the cleanup. One sauce pan, one sheet of waxed, that’s it. You get the wholesome, high-quality ingredients of home cooking without the fuss.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Sugar
½ cup coconut milk (you can also use dairy, almond, rice or soy milk if you prefer)
½ cup Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2. Place the sugar, milk, coconut oil and cocoa powder in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for about 2 minutes, continue stirring.
3. Remove mixture from heat. Stir in the oatmeal and coconut flakes. Mix well.
4. Drop the mixture by tablespoon onto the waxed paper. Cool for approximately 30 minutes.
5. Store in an airtight container. If the room temperature is unusually warm, keep cookies refrigerated as the coconut oil will become liquid in high temperatures.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cookies