- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 30 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy; I used creamy)
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups rolled oats
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, cocoa, milk, and vanilla.
- Bring to a slow boil, and simmer until the sugar had dissolved; stir in the peanut butter, remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of oats (mixture should be thick); add the remaining 1/2 cup of oats if necessary.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; drop the mixture by the heaping tablespoonful onto the parchment.
- Allow the cookies to firm up at room temperature, about one hour.
NotesThis is another receipe that I got from Cosmopolitan Magazine (November 2008 issue). And it was adapted from 'The Comfort Table' by Kathie Lee Joel.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More