- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 30 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy; I used creamy)
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups rolled oats
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, cocoa, milk, and vanilla.
- Bring to a slow boil, and simmer until the sugar had dissolved; stir in the peanut butter, remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of oats (mixture should be thick); add the remaining 1/2 cup of oats if necessary.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; drop the mixture by the heaping tablespoonful onto the parchment.
- Allow the cookies to firm up at room temperature, about one hour.
NotesThis is another receipe that I got from Cosmopolitan Magazine (November 2008 issue). And it was adapted from 'The Comfort Table' by Kathie Lee Joel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More