- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 30 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy; I used creamy)
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups rolled oats
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, cocoa, milk, and vanilla.
- Bring to a slow boil, and simmer until the sugar had dissolved; stir in the peanut butter, remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of oats (mixture should be thick); add the remaining 1/2 cup of oats if necessary.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; drop the mixture by the heaping tablespoonful onto the parchment.
- Allow the cookies to firm up at room temperature, about one hour.
NotesThis is another receipe that I got from Cosmopolitan Magazine (November 2008 issue). And it was adapted from 'The Comfort Table' by Kathie Lee Joel.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More