- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- - Optional, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- - Optional, 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Line 2 large baking sheets with reynolds parchment paper, or alum. foil and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and cool 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Add oats, vanilla, peanuts and coconut (if desired) and mix well.
- Quickly drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto lined cookie sheets.
- Place in refrigerator until set. Once set remove cookies from sheet and place in air tight container in a cool, dry place
NotesThese are so easy and so good. They take about 10-15 minutes of your time and are so worth it.
I decided to play with my traditional recipe today and add some coconut. I decided it was a great addition so I made it an optional ingredient on the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
50 Shades of Taste
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More