- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- - Optional, 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- - Optional, 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Line 2 large baking sheets with reynolds parchment paper, or alum. foil and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and cool 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Add oats, vanilla, peanuts and coconut (if desired) and mix well.
- Quickly drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto lined cookie sheets.
- Place in refrigerator until set. Once set remove cookies from sheet and place in air tight container in a cool, dry place
NotesThese are so easy and so good. They take about 10-15 minutes of your time and are so worth it.
I decided to play with my traditional recipe today and add some coconut. I decided it was a great addition so I made it an optional ingredient on the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More