- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Lime Filling:
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust or make your own
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 Cup fresh or bottled Key Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 Cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon extract
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 Key Lime sliced, for topping
- To make Lime Filling, in a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk, lime juice, and lime rind. Whip until mixture is smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust. Cover with plastic wrap (use the plastic from the crust) and chill thoroughly.
- To make topping, in a medium bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla or lemon extract and confectioners' sugar. Continue to whip until cream forms stiff peaks. Place topping in a fine-mesh sieve and place sieve over a bowl to catch liquid that drains off. Cover topping tightly with plastic wrap and allow to drain for 2 hours. Before serving, discard liquid that has drained from topping. Spread topping over pie, top with Key Lime slices.
- Note: Do not throw away the plastic from the crust. This can be inverted after the crust is filled and used as a cover. Much easier and neater than plastic wrap.
NotesThis is a fun pie that everyone always loves. Using a store-bought crust saves valuable time and the filling is sweet and creamy.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More