- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- *Note: I skipped this step, see note at the bottom of the page.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and confectioners' sugar. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Turn off oven.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water.
- Let cool until thick, but not set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, white sugar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip evaporated milk until thick and stiff peaks form. *
- Pour in lemon gelatin and keep mixing until well blended.
- Fold in cream cheese mixture.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Note 1: Instead of using a springform pan and graham cracker crumbs, I used a ready-made graham cracker crust (I've since bought a set of pans!).
- Note 2: I wasn't able to get the evaporated milk to form peaks, so I just beat it until it was frothy. It worked just as well.
NotesThis is another cheesecake recipe that I came across on Allrecipes. The recipe is by Jan Wood, and the picture is by Sunflower1.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
MetroCooking DC 2013
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More