- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs*
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- *Note: I skipped this step, see note at the bottom of the page.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and confectioners' sugar. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Turn off oven.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water.
- Let cool until thick, but not set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, white sugar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip evaporated milk until thick and stiff peaks form. *
- Pour in lemon gelatin and keep mixing until well blended.
- Fold in cream cheese mixture.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Note 1: Instead of using a springform pan and graham cracker crumbs, I used a ready-made graham cracker crust (I've since bought a set of pans!).
- Note 2: I wasn't able to get the evaporated milk to form peaks, so I just beat it until it was frothy. It worked just as well.
NotesThis is another cheesecake recipe that I came across on Allrecipes. The recipe is by Jan Wood, and the picture is by Sunflower1.