- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy hubby loves Snickers! His favorite candy bar so this recipe was right up his alley or should I say the ticket straight to his heart! I don't think this pie was to sweet at all! It was nice and creamy, melt in your mouth delicious with a crunch from the peanuts and more creaminess from the Snickers bars!
Store bought Oreo pie crusts are the way to go! Saves a lot of time and the rest is quick to throw together!
- 1 Oreo cookie pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided and get a thicker sauce, not thin
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip
- 3 regular sized Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- chocolate sauce or syrup, for drizzling (optional)
- Spread 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce on the bottom of the prepared pie crust (fully cooled if homemade). Sprinkle half of the chopped peanuts and 1 of the chopped Snickers bars over the bottom of the cooled pie crust.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce with the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in the thawed Cool Whip and beat mixture until creamy and fluffy, scraping the sides as needed to ensure everything is fully incorporated. Fold in 1 chopped Snickers bar.
- Pour filling into crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula. Dollop the remaining 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce around the top of the pie and swirl in with a knife. Top with remaining peanuts and chopped Snickers. If desired, drizzle the top of your pie with chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.