- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 C sugar
- 1 large (12oz.) can evaporated milk
- ¼ lb. butter or margarine
- 12 oz. (3/4 of 16 oz jar) marshmallow fluff
- 1 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c walnut meats
- 2 large (12oz) packages semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- (1 semi-sweet & 1 milk)
- Combine first five ingredients in a large sauce pan, stir over low heat until blended.
- Bring to boil over moderate heat, being careful not to mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling.
- Then boil slowly, stirring constantly for 5 minutes (to soft ball stage)
- Remove from heat, stir in chocolate and vanilla (and nuts if used) until chocolate is melted, pour into 2 buttered 9 X 9 inch pans and cool
- Yield: approximately 5 pounds.