- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips -- mini
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts -- toasted and skinned
- 1 large egg white -- Beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line cookie sheet with Reynolds Parchment Paper. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. In a medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, zest, extract, and coffee powder, until powder dissolves. Add to flour mixture along with nuts.
- With wooden spoon, work wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined (dough will be sticky). Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands and on lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough into 14 inch long rope, then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Flatten rope to 2 1/2 inch width. Roll remaining dough into another 14 inch rope, place 3 to 4 inches away from first rope, and then flatten. Brush ropes with glaze. Bake in 350º oven until firm to the touch, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
- Leave oven on. Slide loaves onto cutting board. With serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 1/2-3/4 inch thick slices. Discard ends.((I eat them)) Place slices, cut sides down, back on baking sheet (they can touch). Bake for 7 minutes, and then turn them over and do the other side for 7 minutes.Let cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to several days.
- Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies; 1 Point per biscotti
Notes1 point per biscotti! Great for coffee with your girlfriends without feeling guilty. :o)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More