- Cooking Time: <20 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: <5 min
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1 inch thick) teaspoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly over both sides of pork.
- Add 1 teaspoon butter to pan, stirring until butter is melted.
- Add the meat to pan, and cook for 3 minutes (or until golden brown) on each side.
- Remove meat from pan, and keep warm.
- Combine low-fat milk and flour, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the milk mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Return meat to pan.
- Cover; reduce heat, and simmer for 7 minutes or until gravy is thick and meat is done.
- NOTE: This works just as well with chicken breasts. Serving = 1 porkchop with 1/4 cup gravy
- CALORIES 322(29% from fat); FAT 10.5g (sat 3.7g,mono 3.9g,poly 0.5g); IRON 1mg; CHOLESTEROL 65mg; CALCIUM 125mg; CARBOHYDRATE 29g; SODIUM 908mg; PROTEIN 26.7g; FIBER 2.2g
NotesThis is basically a Cooking Light recipe that I've made so many times that my family thinks it is my original.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More