- Cooking Time: <20 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: <5 min
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1 inch thick) teaspoon butter
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly over both sides of pork.
- Add 1 teaspoon butter to pan, stirring until butter is melted.
- Add the meat to pan, and cook for 3 minutes (or until golden brown) on each side.
- Remove meat from pan, and keep warm.
- Combine low-fat milk and flour, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the milk mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Return meat to pan.
- Cover; reduce heat, and simmer for 7 minutes or until gravy is thick and meat is done.
- NOTE: This works just as well with chicken breasts. Serving = 1 porkchop with 1/4 cup gravy
- CALORIES 322(29% from fat); FAT 10.5g (sat 3.7g,mono 3.9g,poly 0.5g); IRON 1mg; CHOLESTEROL 65mg; CALCIUM 125mg; CARBOHYDRATE 29g; SODIUM 908mg; PROTEIN 26.7g; FIBER 2.2g
NotesThis is basically a Cooking Light recipe that I've made so many times that my family thinks it is my original.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More