- Cooking Time: 15minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Wipe any excess moisture from chops and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, cook chops in oil until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chops from skillet, and add onions to the drippings, cooking until tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir. Allow to cook for a minute.
- Combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, and vinegar.
- Add meat back to pan; cover and simmer about 15 minutes, until meat is tender and sauce is thickened
- Serve over noodles or with rice
NotesThis recipe came from an old Quick Cooking magazine. I liked the flavor, but the sauce was too thin, so I added a little flour to make a roux. It worked; producing a flavorful glaze that goes great over rice or noodles. A very quick dish with few ingredients and little work...just my style!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More