- Cooking Time: 15minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Wipe any excess moisture from chops and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, cook chops in oil until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chops from skillet, and add onions to the drippings, cooking until tender.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir. Allow to cook for a minute.
- Combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, and vinegar.
- Add meat back to pan; cover and simmer about 15 minutes, until meat is tender and sauce is thickened
- Serve over noodles or with rice
NotesThis recipe came from an old Quick Cooking magazine. I liked the flavor, but the sauce was too thin, so I added a little flour to make a roux. It worked; producing a flavorful glaze that goes great over rice or noodles. A very quick dish with few ingredients and little work...just my style!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More