- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour,
- 1 1/3 cup water,
- 2 tbsp oil,
- 2 packages (or 2 Tbsp) yeast,
- 1 tsp salt,
- basil & oregano, sauce and toppings
- DO NOT PREHEAT YOUR OVEN!!!
- Dissolve yeast with 1/3 cup of the warm water. Add 1 cup of the flour and mix (I use my Kitchen Aid). Add oil, salt, 1 cup water, and a pinch of oregano and basil (your choice). Mix. Add 2 cups flour and mix. Knead dough for 2 minutes (I add flour if it's really sticky). Grease a cookie sheet with oil (or use a baking stone) and spread dough, add toppings.
- Place in a COLD oven and turn on to 450 degrees. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crust is golden.
NotesI have this great Kitchen Aid mixer but I've never found a recipe I like using it for bread. But that's all changed now!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More