NO SAUCE BBQ CHICKEN
No Sauce BBQ Chicken
- Cooking Time: 1-2 hrs
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 whole fryer’s cut up and spine removed (i like the small fryers for better cooking and taste) Safeway has a brand called Red Bird that is perfect for this recipe
- Chili powder
- Cayenne (optional)
- Garlic powder (fresh garlic can be used if marinated over night)
- Onion powder (fresh onion slices can be used if marinated over night)
- Cilantro copped
- 2 lemons
- 2 beers (not light, but don't get too cute either)
- 2 large zip bags
- red food color (optional)
Place the chicken pieces on large platter.
Salt the chicken liberally.
Dash on the remaining seasoning not so liberally.
Turn the pieces and repeat.
Divide the chicken between 2 bags.
Add the cilantro. (garlic and onion if using fresh)
Squeeze one lemon in each bag.
Add enough beer to about half way up the chicken pieces when holding the bag at the top.
Add a little food color and your guest will be asking a sorts of questions. Insist that it is some secret that cant be told.
Let chicken marinate in the frig for at least 3 hours. Over night is the best.
Grill over real charcoal or mesquite chunks if possible. I like the indirect heat method, but I will not tell you how to BBQ. Remember chicken is done when its juice runs clear.
Oh yah. Dont poke your chicken with one of those fork things when turning. Use the tongs. Trust me!!
You can eat it like normal BBQ or pull it apart to make some great chicken tacos.