- Cooking Time: 1-2 hrs
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 whole fryer’s cut up and spine removed (i like the small fryers for better cooking and taste) Safeway has a brand called Red Bird that is perfect for this recipe
- Chili powder
- Cayenne (optional)
- Garlic powder (fresh garlic can be used if marinated over night)
- Onion powder (fresh onion slices can be used if marinated over night)
- Cilantro copped
- 2 lemons
- 2 beers (not light, but don't get too cute either)
- 2 large zip bags
- red food color (optional)
- Place the chicken pieces on large platter.
- Salt the chicken liberally.
- Dash on the remaining seasoning not so liberally.
- Turn the pieces and repeat.
- Divide the chicken between 2 bags.
- Add the cilantro. (garlic and onion if using fresh)
- Squeeze one lemon in each bag.
- Add enough beer to about half way up the chicken pieces when holding the bag at the top.
- Add a little food color and your guest will be asking a sorts of questions. Insist that it is some secret that cant be told.
- Let chicken marinate in the frig for at least 3 hours. Over night is the best.
- Grill over real charcoal or mesquite chunks if possible. I like the indirect heat method, but I will not tell you how to BBQ. Remember chicken is done when its juice runs clear.
- Oh yah. Dont poke your chicken with one of those fork things when turning. Use the tongs. Trust me!!
- You can eat it like normal BBQ or pull it apart to make some great chicken tacos.
NotesThis is a recipe that always changes from week to week depending on what is in the pantry for spices or what beer is in the frig. I like BBQ chicken, but the BBQ sauce thing can get old sometimes so I came up with this one. Now everytime I go to my Dads house, this is the BBQ chicken he serves. This one has pretty much been a big hit around my family.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More