- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon table salt)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Covered pot (oven safe to 450 degrees)
- Mix dough: The night before, combine all ingredients in a big bowl with a wooden spoon until the dough just comes together. It will be a shaggy, doughy mess. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 12-20 hours on countertop.
- Shape & preheat: The dough will now be wet, sticky and bubbly. With a wet spatula, dump the dough on a floured surface. Fold ends of dough over a few times with the spatula and nudge it into a ball shape. You can use your hands if you like, just keep your hands wet so that the dough does not stick. Generously dust a cotton towel (not terrycloth) with flour. Set dough seam side down on top of towel. Fold towel over the dough. Let it nap for 2 hours. When you've got about a half hour left, slip your covered pot into the oven and preheat to 450F.
- Bake: Your dough should have doubled in size. Remove pot from oven. Holding towel, dump wobbly dough into pot. Doesn't matter which way it lands. Shake to even dough out. Cover. Bake 30 minutes. Uncover, bake another 15-20 minutes or until the crust is beautifully golden and middle of loaf is 210F. Remove and let cool on wired rack.
- This recipe came from http://steamykitchen.com/blog/2007/09/10/no-knead-bread-revisited/
NotesOk, I jumped on the no knead bread bandwagon too. It is still a favorite and oh so easy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More