- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, cut in strips (I used roma)
- 4 green chilies (roasted and peeled)
- Mix bread crumbs with salt and garlic powder.
- Remove stems from chile and seed if you want. Cut open and lay chile flat.
- Divide the 1/2 cup cheese between the 4 chiles and place 2 strips of tomatoe in each.
- Close up chile and sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on them.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on chiles. May not need the whole cup, maybe 3/4 cup.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of bread crumbs.
- Microwave for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
NotesThis is a heathlier version of a chile relleno. This is not a traditional relleno, but it is fast and easy to make in the microwave. Yes, microwave! I got this recipe from a lady that sells chile at the farmers market and I tried and really liked it for a quick chile relleno fix! Hope you like it too. You can use whatever cheese you want and use prepared bread crumbs if you want.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Simple Homemade Favorites
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More