- Cooking Time: 45mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- What you'll need:
- - Your non-dairy cream substitute (I use nutriwhip)
- - Chocolate (I used 70% dark lindt, no milk in it)
- - mint extract
- - green food colouring
- Pour the nutriwhip into a bowl and add about 2 teaspoons of mint extract (taste and add more depending on how minty you'd like it).
- Add 2 teaspoons of green food colouring into the mixture.
- Assemble ice cream machine and pour mixture in.
- While mixture is being turned in the machine, chop your chocolate into small bits almost like shavings.
- After 15 minutes pour the chocolate bits into the ice cream machine with the mixture. Don't add the chocolate at the beginning because it will make the chocolate frozen and hard, making it harder to taste it that way.
- Let it churn for another 30 minutes. Scoop into a serving dish and enjoy
- It was DELICIOUS!! Thumbs up!
NotesWhen I was about 15 years old I started to develop a lot of severe food allergies, the main one and most severe was to dairy. I was unable to eat cheese, milk and worst of all ice cream!! My favourite ice cream flavour has always been mint chocolate chip. For the past 7 years I haven't been able to eat mint chocolate chip ice cream until a couples days ago when I made this!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More