- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2-3 mashed ripe bananas (1 c.)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 x 4 x 2 loaf pan with Pam. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl mix egg whites, banana, sugar and applesauce. Blend well.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cut into 16 slices.
- ( I generally double this to make a thicker loaf. If you do that, it may take a few extra minutes to cook)
NotesI tweaked this from one of my mom's old recipes to make it nonfat.. I sometimes double it.
(It is only nonfat if you omit walnuts; if you use walnuts, it is still very low fat)
This is how I use up the leftover ripe bananas when I make banana pudding.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The NourishFull Kitchen
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More