- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/8 t. salt
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2-3 mashed ripe bananas (1 c.)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 T. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 x 4 x 2 loaf pan with Pam. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In medium bowl mix egg whites, banana, sugar and applesauce. Blend well.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cut into 16 slices.
- ( I generally double this to make a thicker loaf. If you do that, it may take a few extra minutes to cook)
NotesI tweaked this from one of my mom's old recipes to make it nonfat.. I sometimes double it.
(It is only nonfat if you omit walnuts; if you use walnuts, it is still very low fat)
This is how I use up the leftover ripe bananas when I make banana pudding.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More