- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2-cup skim milk
- 1-tablespoon strong brewed coffee (see note)
- 1/2-teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4-cup brown sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, coffee, and cornstarch and stir
- until the cornstarch dissolves. Stir in the cocoa and brown sugar and
- bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes,
- stirring, until the sauce thickens and is no longer cloudy. Set aside
- to cool. Use when cool or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Yield: 8 servings
- If you do not have any brewed coffee, dissolve 1 teaspoon of
- freeze-dried decaffeinated coffee granules in 1 tablespoon of water.
NotesServe this chocolate sauce over fresh fruit, a frozen dessert, or a
slice of bread. It will satisfy your most intense chocolate craving.