NOODLES WITH PESTO SAUCE
- 1 cup of chopped parsley,packed
- 1 tbs. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic,crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs. butter or margerine
- 2 tbs. boiling water
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts,or whole pine nuts
- 1 pkg. (8oz.) thin spaghetti or noodles,cooked as pkg.label directs
In small bowl,combine all ingredients except spaghetti. Beat with fork to combine thoroughly.
Place well-drained hot spaghetti in large bowl.
Pour sauce over spaghetti and toss lightly to coat thoroughly.
Serve with additional parmesan cheese,if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Pesto will keep in the frefrigertor for several days. Cover with thin layer of oil and store in covered jar. Let it warm to room temperature before using. It may also be frozen.