- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup of chopped parsley,packed
- 1 tbs. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic,crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs. butter or margerine
- 2 tbs. boiling water
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts,or whole pine nuts
- 1 pkg. (8oz.) thin spaghetti or noodles,cooked as pkg.label directs
- In small bowl,combine all ingredients except spaghetti. Beat with fork to combine thoroughly.
- Place well-drained hot spaghetti in large bowl.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti and toss lightly to coat thoroughly.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese,if desired.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Tip: Pesto will keep in the frefrigertor for several days. Cover with thin layer of oil and store in covered jar. Let it warm to room temperature before using. It may also be frozen.
NotesI have never had noodles with pesto. So I thought I would try this one. It sounded easy to make.
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More