- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups of white buttermilk corn meal mix
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup bacon drippings or lard
- Preheat oven at 425 F.
- Heat a well seasoned cast iron skillet. Melt grease. take off heat, set a side.
- Mix flour & meal.
- Mix well eggs, butter milk & honey. Mix with meal until moist. The more the batter is mixed, the toughfer the skin of the cornbread.
- Pour most of the grease into batter, mix. Leave a little of grease in skillet.
- Pour batter into skillet with grease.
- Bake for 25 Min, or until top is browened and done in center.
- Place plate over skillet. Flip over to remove bread.
NotesNorman is my hubby. He likes this recipe for cornbread best.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More