- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped fine
- ¾ cup white wine (I use Gossamer Bay Chardonnay)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (I use homemade White & Red Wine Garlic Vinegar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried Basil to taste
- Chop the onion, shallots and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Sauté the chicken pieces over medium heat turning occasionally for approximately 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is browning (when most pieces are mostly white), add the onion, shallots and garlic to the pan.
- After the chicken has sautéed for at least 20 minutes, add the wine, vinegar, salt, pepper and basil to the mixture and allow to simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta, rice or vegetable.
NotesI found the original recipe in The Mafia Cookbook. If you like Italian food even a little bit, pick it up - it's worth it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cooking with Sabra
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More