- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 long slice sourdough, toasted
- 2 tablespoons red pepper cream cheese
- 3 slices red onion, sliced very thinly
- 3 slices ripe tomato, sliced very thinly
- 1 small handful clover sprouts
- 2 ounces nova
- 2 Tablespoons Larrupin' mustard dill sauce
- Spread the cream cheese evenly over the toasted sourdough.
- Place the sliced onions and tomatoes evenly over the cream cheese, pressing down gently to ensure that they don't slide around. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff the sprouts with your fingertips and spread them evenly over the onions and tomatoes.
- Gently lay the sliced nova over the sprouts.
- Drizzle the sauce all over the top, or serve it in a small ramekin beside the open sandwich. Cut in half and serve immediately.
NotesWhile visiting my family up in Humboldt County, I really enjoy cooking simple meals at home with beautiful local ingredients. Beautiful nova (cold smoked belly section of wild salmon, traditionally from the colder waters of Nova Scotia), red pepper cream cheese, shaved onions and tomatoes, sprouts, and this wonderful local mustard dill sauce come together for a quick and delicious breakfast. Served on toasted sourdough from a bakery nearby makes it a meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More