NUT GOODIE BAR CANDY
Nut Goodie Bar Candy
- Servings: 150 pieces
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. butterscotch chips
- 2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 (1 oz) sq. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 c. butter
- 1/3 c. evaporated or 1/2 c. regular milk
- 1/4 c. regular vanilla pudding mix
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. maple flavoring
- 1/2 lb. Spanish peanuts, skinned
In double boiler or microwave, melt chips, peanut butter and chocolate. Spread half of the melted chocolate mixture in a foil-lined buttered 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 inch jelly roll pan. Refrigerate or freeze until set (about 30 minutes in freezer). Reserve remaining chocolate mixture in double boiler.
In heavy saucepan, combine butter, milk and pudding mix. Bring to boil over low heat and cook 1 minute. Remove and let cool. Using a mixer, blend in powdered surgar and flavoring until creamy. Spread mixture over chilled chocolate. Stir Spanish peanuts into remaining chocolate mixture and spread over top. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Peel off foil and cut into 1 inch squares. Keep refrigerated.