- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ cups of your favorite nut (unblanched, shelled and whole)
- 2 ½ cup vegetable oil divided
- Place nuts in a blender and process until chopped fine.
- Put the blender on SLOW and gradually drizzle in 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- Once well blended but not too smooth, transfer the mixture to a small saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over low heat for about 5 minutes or until it reaches 160 degrees (use a candy thermometer). Stir it often while cooking!
- Remove from the heat and cool just a bit.
- Mix with 2 cups oil
- Cover tightly and let stand in a cool place out of the sunlight (but not in the refrigerator) for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Line a colander with several layers of cheesecloth. Pour mixture through colander and let liquid drain into a bowl. Discard the nut paste or sweeten and use as a spread on sandwiches.
- Keep strained liquid/oil in a 1 Â½ pint jar covered tightly. Store the jarred oil in the refrigerator, it is good for up to three months.
NotesTake your favorite nut and make a delicious salad dressing base and/or dressing for tossing with plain greens before adding to a sandwich.
I discovered this recipe at the same time I learned to use almond and pecan "dust" mixed equally with cornmeal for my fried fish!
Try hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.,
Jean’s Recipe File
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More