- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 small package mini M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Work in flour and salt until dough holds together. Shape dough by teaspoon into 1 inch balls.
- In a seperate bowl beat egg white. Dip balls into egg white and roll in your finely chopped nuts.
- Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet and press thumb deeply into center of each. I line my baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove from baking sheet and cool.
- Once completely cooled, you are ready to add the Nutella and M&M's.
- Spoon 1 tsp of Nutella in each cookie. Sprinkle M&M's on the Nutella of each cookie.
NotesDo you love Nutella like I do? Well, I took my mom's recipe for thumbprint cookies and put a new twist on the recipe using Nutella and I had a bag of mini M&M's for the kids Easter baskets and decided to make some bird's nests! I've been a good girl and have only eaten 1 so far but I could eat the whole plate! I'm taking some to mom and dad and let them taste what I've done to her recipe for thumbprints! They have never tried Nutella! Boy are they in for a surprise! Yummy!
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More