- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 slices egg bread, like brioche or challah
- 3/4 Cup Milk or Half and Half
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- pinch of Sugar
- 2 or 3 dashes Cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted cherries, (if using frozen thaw slightly beforehand)
- 3 TB Water
- 3 TB Sugar
- splash of Kirsch (optional)
- Spread about a tablespoon of Nutella on every other slice of bread.
- Place plain bread on top of bread spread with Nutella to create sandwiches.
- Beat eggs and mix together with milk, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture into a shallow bowl or baking dish.
- Place sandwiches in baking dish (liquid should almost reach the top of the bottom slice of bread).
- Soak, flip and soak other side.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet or griddle until melted.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and cook about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make cherry sauce.
- Add cherries, water, sugar and kirsch (if using) to a saucepan. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before pulse processing in a food processor or blender to desired consistency.
- Top nutella toasts with cherry sauce and confectioner's sugar.
NotesThis came about as I was trying to use ingredients from my freezer and pantry before a move. I had some leftover tsoureki, which is a Greek egg bread, in my freezer, along with some frozen cherries. I made this and it was delicious.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More