- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 150 g butter (at room temperature)
- 180 g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 50 g white chocolate (chopped)
- 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3-4 teaspoons baking powder
- + 3-4 tablespons Nutella
- 200 ml cream
- Separate the whites from the yolks and whisk them with a pinch of salt until firm. Set aside.
- Mix the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add yolks, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add Nutella, white chocolate and vanilla and mix everything.
- Sift the flour together with baking powder.
- Add 1/3 of flour to the batter, mix, add 1/3 of whisked whites, and continue until you have used them all.
- Pour the batter into a cake form, lined with non-stick backing paper, greased and floured. Bake for about 45-50 mins in an oven preheated to 180°C. (in any case the cake is ready when the toothpick comes out clean)
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- Cut in two horizontally, spread nutella on the lower part and then spread whipped cream over it. Cover with the upper part, and decorate with the rest of whipped cream.
NotesMy daughter turned 5 yesterday, I had promised her a cake, and on the weekend and Monday I was too busy working on a translation, so what I did in the end was experiment, throw ingredients together having in mind several recipes. What mattered for my daughter in the end was how the cake was decorated - and for the lack of time I just designed her favourite cartoon character with whipped cream and coloured food gel. But the cake turned out to be good, and I made a couple of mini cupcakes, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More