- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy daughter turned 5 yesterday, I had promised her a cake, and on the weekend and Monday I was too busy working on a translation, so what I did in the end was experiment, throw ingredients together having in mind several recipes. What mattered for my daughter in the end was how the cake was decorated - and for the lack of time I just designed her favourite cartoon character with whipped cream and coloured food gel. But the cake turned out to be good, and I made a couple of mini cupcakes, too.
- 4 eggs
- 150 g butter (at room temperature)
- 180 g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- 50 g white chocolate (chopped)
- 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3-4 teaspoons baking powder
- + 3-4 tablespons Nutella
- 200 ml cream
- Separate the whites from the yolks and whisk them with a pinch of salt until firm. Set aside.
- Mix the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add yolks, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add Nutella, white chocolate and vanilla and mix everything.
- Sift the flour together with baking powder.
- Add 1/3 of flour to the batter, mix, add 1/3 of whisked whites, and continue until you have used them all.
- Pour the batter into a cake form, lined with non-stick backing paper, greased and floured. Bake for about 45-50 mins in an oven preheated to 180°C. (in any case the cake is ready when the toothpick comes out clean)
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- Cut in two horizontally, spread nutella on the lower part and then spread whipped cream over it. Cover with the upper part, and decorate with the rest of whipped cream.