- Cooking Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely minced (about 2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan (I used non-stick spray for baking); in a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined; alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk* in three additions; gently stir in the bananas and nuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan; bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes; carefully turn out the loaf to finish cooling on a wire rack.
NotesI got this recipe from the November issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine, and it originally comes from 'The Comfort Table', by Kathie Lee Joel. *The original recipe called for kosher salt, but I didn't have any, so I just used regular salt. *For buttermilk, I used half a cup of regular milk and added half a tablespoon of lemon juice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More