- Cooking Time: 45 to 55 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely minced (about 2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan (I used non-stick spray for baking); in a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined; alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk* in three additions; gently stir in the bananas and nuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan; bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes; carefully turn out the loaf to finish cooling on a wire rack.
NotesI got this recipe from the November issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine, and it originally comes from 'The Comfort Table', by Kathie Lee Joel. *The original recipe called for kosher salt, but I didn't have any, so I just used regular salt. *For buttermilk, I used half a cup of regular milk and added half a tablespoon of lemon juice.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Foodie BabySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More