- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- - 6 oz. blue cheese, crumbled, at room temperature
- - ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- - ½ cup buttermilk
- - 2 Tbsp vinegar
- - Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the bow ties according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and place in a large bowl. While the pasta is cooking, spread the nuts on a baking sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven for five minutes. Meanwhile, place the blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, sugar, garlic powder and vinegar in a bowl. Use a fork to break up the blue cheese and combine the ingredients to make the dressing. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- - Add the blue cheese mixture, pears, nuts and bacon to the pasta. Stir until blended. Chill for one to two hours to allow flavors to meld. Serve salad on top of torn lettuce leaves.
- “A grown up pasta salad that is perfect for light lunches”