- Cooking Time: 70 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 81 servings
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melted milk chocolate
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Cool completely. Using foil, lift caramels out of pan; discard foil. Cut into small squares or diamonds. Drizzle each with chocolate if desired.
NotesA cousin passed this quick and easy recipe on to me. We make it every Christmas and include the caramels in gift baskets to share with family and friends.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More