NUTTY NOUGAT CARAMEL BITES
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pkg. (about 3.4 oz.) butterscotch-flavored instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (about 8 oz.) Butterscotch Morsels
- Nougat Filling (see recipe)
- Caramel Layer (see recipe)
- Icing (see recipe)
For the cookie base: PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line 17 x 11 x 1-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/3 cups butterscotch morsels. Spread and pat dough evenly into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 10 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Carefully hold pan 2 to 3-inches above a heat-resistant surface and allow pan to drop. (This creates a chewier cookie base.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack.