- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby cheese(2-oz.)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot or zucchini
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small apple or pear, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or pecans
- Whole wheat bread slices
- In a medium bowl stir together the softened cream cheese, then shredded cheddar or colby, shredded carrot or zucchini, honey, apple or pear, and peanuts or pecans. Cover and chill the cream cheese mixture up to one week.
- For each cheese sandwich, spread about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture on 1 slice of whole wheat bread. Top with another bread slice.
- Pack the individual cheese sandwiches in a lunch box or a brown paper bag with a frozen ice pack. Eat the sandwich within 4 hours of packing.
- Makes 5 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More