- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 42
- Preparation Time:
- 42 Club Crackers (2- 1/" x 1" )
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Place crackers in a single layer in a foil-lined 15" X 10"x 1" baking pan.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sugar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Soft boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add vanilla.
- Pour evenly over crackers; sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 mins. or until lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from the pan, cutting between crackers if necessary, and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
- Yield:3 1/2 dozen.
NotesThis is a recipe that my Aunt Marie gathered from one of her Rebekka meetings. I had a chance to try them around Thanksgiving time, they're very tasty! I'm planning on making some today to bring with me while visiting friends tonight.
Both sweet and salty - good as hosting appetizers or for munching. They freeze well so you can make them ahead if you're planning a party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More