- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1 cup butter or a mix of butter and lard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- Date Filling:
- 1/2 lb. dates, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cream butter; add sugar.
- Add milk and oats.
- Add flour sifted with baking powder and salt.
- The dough should be very soft.
- Chill thoroughly to stiffen the mixture.
- Roll thin and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 325º for 12 to 15 minutes.
- To make Oatmeal Date Cakes:
- Use the recipe as above for the cookie.
- Cut cookie shapes so that you have an even number of cookies or larger rounds.
- You can either put filling on one cookie and cover with a second cookie or cut out a large circle and fold one half over the other.
- For Date Filling:
- Pit and chop dates.
- Add water and sugar and cook until mixture is thick; cool.
NotesI like these just as an oatmeal cookie or filled.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More