- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1?2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 6oz pkg chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Cream margarine. Stir in oatmeal, sugar, syrup and vanilla. Spread mixture in 9x13” pan.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Don’t bake longer even though bars will not look cooked.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter on low in a saucepan. Spread over cooled bars. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting into squares.
- Best served at room temperature.
- Instead of baking cook the oatmeal mixture in the microwave for about 3 mintues, spread in 9x13 pan and continue with rest of recipe. Don't even need to cool bottom first. You can also add 2 cups rice krispies to topping. Makes it crunchy. Marlene
NotesI like Oh Henry chocolate bars. This is a pretty good substitute to be made at home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More