- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1?2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 6oz pkg chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Cream margarine. Stir in oatmeal, sugar, syrup and vanilla. Spread mixture in 9x13” pan.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Don’t bake longer even though bars will not look cooked.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter on low in a saucepan. Spread over cooled bars. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting into squares.
- Best served at room temperature.
- Instead of baking cook the oatmeal mixture in the microwave for about 3 mintues, spread in 9x13 pan and continue with rest of recipe. Don't even need to cool bottom first. You can also add 2 cups rice krispies to topping. Makes it crunchy. Marlene
NotesI like Oh Henry chocolate bars. This is a pretty good substitute to be made at home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More