- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1?2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 6oz pkg chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Cream margarine. Stir in oatmeal, sugar, syrup and vanilla. Spread mixture in 9x13” pan.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Don’t bake longer even though bars will not look cooked.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter on low in a saucepan. Spread over cooled bars. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting into squares.
- Best served at room temperature.
- Instead of baking cook the oatmeal mixture in the microwave for about 3 mintues, spread in 9x13 pan and continue with rest of recipe. Don't even need to cool bottom first. You can also add 2 cups rice krispies to topping. Makes it crunchy. Marlene
NotesI like Oh Henry chocolate bars. This is a pretty good substitute to be made at home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More