- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter; room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups GF all purpose or rice bread
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp GF baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F (I80C).
- Grease an 8-inch (IOcm) square pan and line with parchment paper .
- In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, yogurt and vanilla.
- Beat with electric beaters at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes.
- Prick surface with skewer.
- Prepare glaze by combining sugar and
- lemon juice in a small pot. Bring to a boil
- and cook for 2 minutes, or
- until slightly thickened. Pour warm glaze
- over cake. Cool cake in pan for 30 minutes.
- Lift out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Spring 2010
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More