- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 gal. ground sweet onions (14 to 18 med. onions)
- 1/2 c. salt
- 1 qt. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. pickling spice
- 1 tsp. pimento, chopped
- 4 1/2 c. sugar
- Grind onions to yield 2 1/2 gallons and 1/2 cup salt, let stand 30 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from onion-salt mixture and discharge juice.
- To onions, add vinegar, spices, pimento and sugar.
- Bring to boil and cook for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Pack both onions and cooking liquid to cover in hot pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles, wipe jar rims.
- Adjust lids.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Makes 8 pints.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More