- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. orange rind
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh OR frozen
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and sugar 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Melt margarine in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine dry ingredients. Stir together orange juice and beaten egg with margarine-water mixture.
- Add to dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, OR until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan.
- Frost, if desired. Cool completely.
- Mix together and frost warm blueberry loaf.
- NOTE: I don't use the frosting.
NotesThis is another recipe I've made for many years. Blueberries are in my freezer year around.
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More