- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. orange rind
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh OR frozen
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and sugar 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Melt margarine in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine dry ingredients. Stir together orange juice and beaten egg with margarine-water mixture.
- Add to dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, OR until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan.
- Frost, if desired. Cool completely.
- Mix together and frost warm blueberry loaf.
- NOTE: I don't use the frosting.
NotesThis is another recipe I've made for many years. Blueberries are in my freezer year around.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More