- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. orange rind
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh OR frozen
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and sugar 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Melt margarine in boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Combine dry ingredients. Stir together orange juice and beaten egg with margarine-water mixture.
- Add to dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour, OR until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan.
- Frost, if desired. Cool completely.
- Mix together and frost warm blueberry loaf.
- NOTE: I don't use the frosting.
NotesThis is another recipe I've made for many years. Blueberries are in my freezer year around.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Bueno Foods' Green Chile Chicken Stew
Tex Mex Potato LatkesSee More