- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) pear halves in heavy syrup
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 9 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel (optional)
- Drain the pears, reserving the liquid in a small saucepan. Add the orange juice, cinnamon, clove, peppercorns and orange peel. Boil until the liquid is reduced to about 2 cups. Add the drained pears and continue simmering, about 5 minutes, until the liquid is lightly thickened.
- Cool the pears in the poaching liquid; serve warm or chilled
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 120; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 10mg; Total carbohydrate 33g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 10%DV*; Vitamin C 40%DV; Calcium 0%DV; Iron 2%DV * Daily Value
NotesThis pear delicacy is so versatile you could ”pear it” with your favorite meats, or dollop it onto your favorite ice cream. Either way, it’s a great way to fit fruit in!