- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cans (30 ounces each) pear halves in heavy syrup
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 9 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel (optional)
- Drain the pears, reserving the liquid in a small saucepan. Add the orange juice, cinnamon, clove, peppercorns and orange peel. Boil until the liquid is reduced to about 2 cups. Add the drained pears and continue simmering, about 5 minutes, until the liquid is lightly thickened.
- Cool the pears in the poaching liquid; serve warm or chilled
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 120; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 10mg; Total carbohydrate 33g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 10%DV*; Vitamin C 40%DV; Calcium 0%DV; Iron 2%DV * Daily Value
NotesThis pear delicacy is so versatile you could ”pear it” with your favorite meats, or dollop it onto your favorite ice cream. Either way, it’s a great way to fit fruit in!
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More