- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Melt 3 TBsp. margarine in a 2 quart baking dish (I used pyrex dish)
- Add 2 1/2 cups UNCOOKED elbow macaroni (mix together)
- Add 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheese..toss lightly together
- Pour in 1 quart of milk DO NOT STIR...DO NOT COVER
- Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour
- I have been making this for a couple of years and was scared it would bake over the baking dish,
- so I put a cookie sheet under it in the oven, but it never went over the top.
NotesI made Susan's Oven Baked Macaroni and Cheese, only half a recipe with two of us here. The 8 by 8 - inch pyrex was perfect. I also used penne pasta, since I was almost out of elbow macaroni. We will definitely be making it again.
NOTE 1: For half a recipe, I reduced the baking time to 40-45 minutes.
NOTE 2: I kept an eye on the macaroni and cheese, particularly after 1/2 hour, because I was using larger pasta. I did not know how much liquid it would absorb. I wanted tender pasta, without being dry.